How SNDogs works
SNDogs is different to the larger animal rescues that you might be used to. All of the dogs currently looking for their forever homes live with our team of foster carers in their own houses. This means that the dog gets used to living in a family environment, and also that they are never left alone in a cage.
Kennels can be frightening and disorientating for a dog; SNDogs takes this fear away by providing all of our dogs with a loving “temporary” home until they are adopted.
SNDogs adoption process
- You complete our application form to register your interest
- We arrange a homecheck to be completed
- If all goes well and we have a suitable dog we will arrange for you to meet them
- After which, if everyone is happy we will arrange a trial, where the dog will come and stay with you
- If, after your trial, you would like to adopt the dog, this process will be completed.
We ask for a minimum donation of £200 (this may vary) towards the cost of caring for the animals in our care. We think this is reasonable considering that we neuter, vaccinate and microchip every dog, as well as cover the cost of food and any accessories needed while in our care and god forbid any extra vet bills.
You might be wondering why we require certain information from you in your application form. This article explains it perfectly.